Welcome to Saint Henry School
+ Applying to Saint Henry
We are excited you are interested in learning more about Saint Henry School. We look forward to meeting you and your children. Saint Henry School is a welcoming community of families, and we want you to experience who we are from the start.
Our admissions process welcomes families to visit the school and tour our campus. We invite students to shadow in the classrooms and meet our students, faculty and staff.
Step 1: Inquiry
- Complete this online form for more information, to schedule a tour or to learn more about financial assistance.
- Call and schedule a tour. Contact: Denise Thomas, Admissions Coordinator (615) 352-1328 ext. 227
Step 2: Application
- Print the applicable applications and teacher recommendation forms from the list below.
- Complete the application and return to Saint Henry School office with application fee of $75 per family.
- The admissions policy for Saint Henry School adheres to the laws of the State of Tennessee and the Department of Catholic Education, which determines the age for admittance as well as health and academic records required for admittance. The following documents are required:
- Presentation of a copy of official birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate
- Academic and all other pertinent school records
- Immunization and other Health Records
- Special Education Records
- Teacher Recommendation (form included with application).
The family must provide evidence that the student is in good standing at their prior school, showing satisfactory achievement in conduct, effort, and the academic subjects.
Saint Henry School adheres to a non-discrimination policy of admission.
+ Additional Considerations
Saint Henry School welcomes families of other faith traditions who are interested in the Catholic school environment. Our faith is the center of our school. Students will learn about the Catholic faith, take religion classes and be a part of our Catholic family through prayer, service and learning. Families who choose Saint Henry will find a diverse community with 13 percent minorities and both Catholic and non-Catholic families.
Although Saint Henry School attempts to meet the academic needs of our students, we are not equipped to serve students with severe disabilities. Parents are asked to supply all pertinent information having impact on the school’s ability to provide for the child’s needs. All admissions are subject to the approval of the principal. Students with academic or other needs which cannot be reasonably accommodated by the school may be denied admission.
+ Age for Admission to Kindergarten
Ages of Attendance
- A child entering kindergarten in any Catholic school shall be no less than five (5) years of age on or before August 15 of the current school year.
- A child entering first grade in any Catholic school shall be no less than six (6) years of age on or before August 15 of the current school year. Any transfer pupil, legally enrolled as a first grade pupil in another state, who will be six (6) years of age no later than December 31 of the current school year, making application for admission, shall be enrolled in the Catholic school.
- No child shall be eligible to enter first grade without having attended an approved kindergarten program. (T.C.A. 49-6-201) (Diocese of Nashville: Catholic Schools Policies and Rules, 503)
Readiness testing is used to determine the developmental appropriate placement in the kindergarten program.
+ Policy of Non-Discrimination
Saint Henry School admits students of any race, color, sex, and national origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, or national origin in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, loan programs, athletic, or other school administered programs.
Saint Henry School gives precedence for admission for Catholic students of parishioners, followed by Catholic students of other parishes and non-Catholic students.
This policy does not preclude the ability of the school to undertake and/or enforce appropriate actions with respect to students who advocate on school property or at school functions any practices or doctrines, which are inconsistent with religious tenets of the Catholic faith.
The admissions policy for Saint Henry School adheres to the laws of the State of Tennessee and the policies contained in Diocese of Nashville Catholic Schools Policies and Rules, which determine the age for admittance as well as health and academic records required for admittance. (Diocese of Nashville: Catholic Schools Policies and Rules: Student Records, 507).