The Saint Henry School CARE (Care Assess Respond Evaluate) Team is a group consisting of teachers, the school counselor, the learning consultant and an administrator.
The CARE team facilitates:
- Meeting the academic, developmental, medical and relational needs of students
- Access to needed support services (for child, family, and school)
The CARE Team acts on referrals from the faculty or administration, which are made for the benefit of the child. All community resources are examined for their value and/or relevance for the child and the family. Parents who are concerned about their child’s progress should first speak to the homeroom teacher of their child.
Saint Henry School has a full time school counselor who is available to provide individual counseling, group counseling, classroom lessons and referrals. The counselor works closely with teachers and administrators to assist with student needs.
Saint Henry School has a full time learning consultant who facilitates the process of supporting students who have special academic, behavior or medical needs. The process of identifying student learning needs is coordinated by the Learning Consultant.
Saint Henry School Resource Teachers, directed by the CARE Team and in consultation with the classroom teacher, coordinates specific learning activities in areas identified as needing assistance.
Saint Henry School clinic is staffed with a full-time registered nurse. Functions of the school nurse:
- Assist students with known medical needs to function maximally in the school setting
- Assess students as needed for illness and injury during the school day, then implement care as needed
- Provide educational programs for students, parents, faculty and staff
- Coordinate vision and hearing screening annually