Faithful to the teaching of the Catholic Church, Saint Henry School builds the kingdom of God by forming students in faith, academic integrity and service to others.
We are an integral part of the Saint Henry Parish community in Nashville, Tennessee, composed of 640 students, 60 teachers and staff, including four Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia Congregation.
Saint Henry Catholic School was founded in 1957. The first pastor, Monsignor Joseph Siener, invited the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia Congregation. Four Dominican sisters and two lay women comprised the first faculty serving 196 students in grades one through eight. A kindergarten program was added in 1971 as the parish continued to grow. Following tremendous rise in enrollment through the '70s and '80s, the school underwent a $6 million renovation in October 1994. In 2008, the library was built. Saint Henry School opened a pre-kindergarten class in 2008.
Saint Henry School now serves 640 students pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.